Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Ektachrome processing and other questions

  1. #1
    Inactive Member homewood's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 12th, 2003
    Posts
    5
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    First of all...
    ...the questions.

    1. Where can I get Kodak Ektachrome 125 film processed?

    2. Focus Lock. Can I use the focus lock trick with my super8 camera? You know, zooming in to a subject and setting the focus then zooming back out and therefore keeping other objects in the field of view relatively in-focus. This works great in the TV studio on video, and I don't see why it wouldn't work with Super8. Am I wrong?

    3. Remote control for my camera: My cameras (both Sankyo 44XL) have an accessory input for a remote control (single frame, time lapse, etc.) Of course the controller/trigger/whatever you want to call it was no longer around when I picked these cameras up from the 'broken bin' at the local camera store (what a find! Both in excellent condition--only missing $1.50 battery adapter from radioshack). The controller input seems to be identicle to most other S8 cameras I've seen. Could I find a controller from a different camera and use it successfully? Is there anything laying around on the shelves at my local Radio Shack that could work? Somehow I don't think that the technology from the 1970's could be so advanced as to really distinguish between different controllers/timers. Could I be wrong? Worthwhile animation would be impossible by using the trigger for single frame advances.

    Thanks for the help. I know I'm not a frequent poster here on the forum, but this is the first place that I come for help when my internet searches come up fruitless, and I know I can count on you guys for help.
    Thanks again!
    --Trint Homewood

    [email protected]free

    (remove the .spamfree to send e-mail) [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Nigel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2000
    Posts
    1,668
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    To answer your questions.

    Try PAC Labs in NYC, Alpha Cine in Seattle and of course there is the contraversial Yale in LA.

    Yes, you can use that same focus method for all film formats.

    I don't know where you can get a remote. I am sure you can find one. Try Irv Higdon.

    Good Luck

  3. #3
    Inactive Member calgodot's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 8th, 2001
    Posts
    145
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> Remote control for my camera: My cameras (both Sankyo 44XL) have an accessory input for a remote control (single frame, time lapse, etc.) The controller input seems to be identicle to most other S8 cameras I've seen. Could I find a controller from a different camera and use it successfully? </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

    I've used both a Chinon and a Canon remote trigger on my Bealieu 4008ZM2. The input - similar to a 1/8" mono plug - is pretty standard across most S8 cameras. I got both my remotes on eBay for something like $5 each.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member woods01's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 1st, 2002
    Posts
    75
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am very lucky to a have a place that does
    Ekta processing in my town. Action Film Services
    604-687-2528 Vancouver, BC. I don't know if
    they do mail order but it cost me about $25 CND
    (so $16 US) for 50 feet. The film looked great
    but I would only give them a 6 out of 10 for
    service. While it only took a few days to get it
    back they do not put leader on the film and use
    very cheap crappy reels which you will want to
    replace. They also put my film on backwards on
    the reel. Its the little things that they
    missed because the speed and processing was
    great.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •